20 min Prep
1 hr 10 min Total
Invite family to the dinner table with the spicy aroma and delicious flavor of sweet muffins.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Decorator sugar crystals, if desired
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips, melted, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening, or place paper baking cup in each muffin cup.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, molasses, milk, oil and egg with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients except decorator sugar crystals and melted baking chips just until flour is moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle with sugar crystals.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Drizzle with melted baking chips.
- Take the guesswork out of filling muffin cups by using a spring-handled ice cream scoop! Scoops marked with a No. 20 or 24 get most muffin cups about 3/4 full--the amount you need for the rounded tops you want.
You May Also Like
Chocolate Swirl Babka
This decadent babka is swirled with toasted nuts and a dark chocolate filling that’s full...
Naked Confetti Cake
Recipe by Maegan Brown from The BakerMama Buttery moist vanilla cake bursting with...
Taste an original! It’s classic gingerbread--sweet, aromatic and moist--just like you...