10 min Prep
35 min Total
Quickly combine all ingredients in one bowl and pour into a pan. In 20 minutes, you'll be taking a hearty cornbread out of the oven!
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted shortening
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 450°F. Grease or spray 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients. Pour into pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm if desired.
- This recipe can be made in muffin cups or a corn sticks pan. Grease 12 regular-size muffin cups or corn sticks pan. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 450°F 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve this cornbread with honey butter. In small bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter, softened, and 1/4 cup honey with electric mixer on high speed until fluffy.
You May Also Like
Mexican Wedding Cakes (Cookie Exchange Quantity)
Celebrate with rich and buttery melt-in-your-mouth cookies. You’ll find that one just...
Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins
Fat free, Greek honey vanilla yogurt is the secret to delicous homemade blueberry muffins.