GOLDEN POUND CAKE
15 min Prep
2 hr 35 min Total
The perfect cake recipe—a classic in our kitchens.
- 3 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube cake pan or 10-inch angel food (tube) cake. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat sugar, butter, almond extract and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk on low speed. Pour into pan.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 40 minutes.
- Chocolate Chip Nutty Pound Cake? Why not? Just follow this recipe, except after mixing, fold in 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, grated, and 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
- Bundt cakes can easily serve 24 when they're cut into thinner slices. Voilà, you’ve also just reduced the calories and fat!
You May Also Like
Walnut Apple-Peach Crisp with Cinnamon-Brown Sugar Crumble
Fall Baking Recipe Magazine Contest 2010 Winner Cinnamon, apples and peaches – oh my!...
Divine Yogurt Cheesecake
The honey vanilla yogurt adds to the creamy texture of this irresistible cheesecake.