HOT FUDGE SUNDAE CAKE
20 min Prep
60 min Total
A warm, delicious way to enjoy a hot fudge sundae! Go ahead and add ice cream for a homemade parlor treat.
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 3/4 cups very hot water
- Ice cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, the baking powder and salt in ungreased square pan, 9x9x2 inches. Mix in milk, oil and vanilla with fork until smooth. Stir in nuts. Spread in pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa over batter. Pour water over batter.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until top is dry.
- Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes. Top with ice cream. Spoon sauce from pan onto each serving.
- Have an ice-scream! Serve up this fun dessert at your next get-together and include other ice-cream toppings such as chopped nuts, crushed cookies, candy sprinkles and maraschino cherries.
- Rise to the occasion! If using self-rising flour, there is no need to add baking powder and salt.
You May Also Like
Gold Medal™ Classic Dinner Rolls
Depend on a tested and trusted recipe when you need a classic bread for dinner.
Peaches and Cream Shortcakes
A perfect summertime dessert: tender, buttery shortcake biscuits, juicy peaches and...
Chocolate Chip M&Ms™ Christmas Cookies
Make festive chocolate chip cookies for the holidays by adding popular red and green...