10 min Prep
2 hr 0 min Total
Enjoy this baked lemon bars recipe - perfect for a dessert and to serve a group.
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel, if desired
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- Additional powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, butter and 1/4 cup powdered sugar with spoon. Press in ungreased 8-inch or 9-inch square pan, building up 1/2-inch edges. Bake crust 20 minutes; remove from oven.
- In medium bowl, beat remaining ingredients except additional powdered sugar with electric mixer on high speed about 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until no indentation remains when touched lightly in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack, about 1 hour. Dust with powdered sugar. For bars, cut into 5 rows by 5 rows.
- Stir 1/2 cup flaked coconut into egg mixture in step 3.
You May Also Like
Chewy New York Style Bagels
No need to take a trip to New York to get a taste of these classic chewy bagels made from...
Taste an original! It’s classic gingerbread--sweet, aromatic and moist--just like you...
Treat your family with these blueberry and oats muffins made with Yoplait® 99% Fat Free...