LEMON TEA COOKIES
1 hr 10 min Prep
1 hr 40 min Total
Homemade lemon cookies with a tangy filling tug at tastebuds to have just one more.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2/3 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- In large bowl, beat butter, 1/3 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Stir in flour until dough forms. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Press thumb into center of each ball to make indentation.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat all filling ingredients over low heat about 25 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Cool slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Fill each thumbprint with rounded 1/4 measuring teaspoon filling. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon powdered sugar over cookies.
- Cookie dough can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours before shaping and baking. If it's too firm, let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
You May Also Like
Raspberry-White Chocolate Cream Cake
Raspberries with white chocolate is a flavor marriage made in heaven. Enjoy this combo in...
Hearty Beef Stroganoff
Just as creamy as the classic, this delicious dish serves eight and is done in 35 minutes.
Caramel Apple Upside-Down Cake
Upside-down cake gets a spicy, sweet makeover with fresh sliced apples and buttery...