MOLASSES DROP COOKIES
45 min Prep
60 min Total
Rekindle childhood memories of soft, chewy molasses, cookies when you turn to this holiday favorite!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mild-flavor molasses
- 1 egg
- 3 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix sugar, butter, shortening, sour cream, molasses and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched in center. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with sugar while warm if desired.
- Instead of a sprinkle of sugar, dress up these moist spice cookies with your favorite white frosting.
- Before measuring the molasses, spray the measuring cup with cooking spray; the molasses will slide right out of the cup!
You May Also Like
Classic homemade strawberry shortcake is made with plump, juicy organic strawberries and...
Oven-Fried Picnic Chicken
Who doesn't love fried chicken? An all-time favorite, this chicken gets extra flavor from...