NO-ROLL SUGAR COOKIES
50 min Prep
3 hr 5 min Total
Kids star with an easy sugar cookie recipe they can easily shape in their hands and flatten. This sweet sugar cookie is a cookie-jar keeper.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- In large bowl, beat 1 cup granulated sugar, the powdered sugar, butter, oil, milk, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Cover; refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place 1/4 cup granulated sugar in small bowl. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll balls in sugar. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls about 3 inches apart. Flatten to 1/4-inch thickness with bottom of glass. Sprinkle cookies with a little additional sugar.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until set and edges just begin to brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- Balls of dough can be rolled in colored sugars instead of the plain granulated sugar.
You May Also Like
Salted Butterscotch Pudding Pretzel Cookies
This incredible sweet-and-salty cookie from our kitchens combines butterscotch pudding,...
Chocolate Pecan Pie
When you just need to indulge, pick pie, pecans and chocolate. You won't be disappointed!
Classic Blueberry Pie
A simple pie like this easy fresh blueberry pie is often a forgotten dessert but one that...