30 min Prep
1 hr 50 min Total
These tasty four-ingredient morsels continue to be a party favorite!
- 2 cups shredded sharp natural Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 48 small pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and patted dry
- Stir together cheese and flour in large bowl. Stir in butter thoroughly. (If dough seems dry, work with hands.)
- Mold 1 teaspoon dough around each olive; shape into ball. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown.
- To make ahead, place unbaked olive-cheese balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Freeze at least 2 hours until firm. Place balls in plastic freezer bags. Seal, label and freeze up to 3 months. Heat oven to 400ºF. Place cheese balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 20 minutes or until hot.
- Add flavor pizzazz by using shredded pizza- or herb-flavored, pepper Jack or aged Swiss cheese instead of the Cheddar.
You May Also Like
Southern Sweet Potato Bread
You can whip up a sweet-and-spicy quick bread and have it in the oven in minutes.