PEANUT BUTTER-CHOCOLATE COOKIES
40 min Prep
50 min Total
These peanut butter cookies are special for the holidays or anytime. Their secret is the chocolate candy that melts into the top.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- 3 dozen milk chocolate stars or candy-coated chocolate-covered peanuts
- Heat oven to 375°F. Stir together 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, shortening and egg. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Immediately press 1 chocolate star firmly in each cookie; cool on wire rack.
- Have just crunchy peanut butter on hand? Go ahead and use it for a peanuttier, slightly bumpier cookie.
- In a hurry? Use one pouch of Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix instead. Immediately after baking cookies, be sure to top them with chocolate candies.
You May Also Like
Streusel-Topped Blueberry Muffins
Homemade streusel blueberry muffins burst with fresh flavor that store-bough muffins can...
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Make homemade frosting with just a few ingredients and in just a few minutes.