PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
25 min Prep
2 hr 35 min Total
Packed with great peanut butter taste, these Betty's Best peanut butter cookies are sure to please.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, butter and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped into sugar.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
- For a special treat, sandwich two of these all-time favorites together with a scoop of chocolate ice cream. Roll the edge in chopped candy bar or nuts.
- Want the perfect bumpy top on your cookies? Wipe off any excess dough and sugar that may collect between the tines of the fork.
- For any baker who wants to perfect their cookie repertoire, learning to make classic peanut butter cookies is essential. These timeless treats are easy to make from scratch. Once you learn how to make them, they’ll be your go-to for years to come. The simple, nutty goodness of this scratch recipe is enhanced by the classic, instantly recognizable crosshatch pattern that’s easy to achieve by making impressions with a fork. Get this definitive recipe under your belt, so you can branch out into even more crowd-pleasing and creative twists on peanut butter cookies.
You May Also Like
Golden Delicious Apple Crisp
Have apples fresh from the orchard? Make a dessert crisp with a crunchy oat topping.