RASPBERRY PISTACHIO THUMBPRINTS
1 hr 20 min Prep
1 hr 50 min Total
Here's a must-have holiday cookie that's a great addition to any dessert buffet.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped roasted pistachio nuts
- 1 jar (12 oz) red raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 325°F. In large bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Stir in flour, salt, vanilla and nuts.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls about 1 inch apart. Press thumb into center of each cookie to make indentation, but do not press all the way to the cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until set but not browned. Quickly remake indentation with end of wooden spoon handle if necessary. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack; cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Fill each thumbprint with about 1 rounded teaspoonful of jam. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons powdered sugar over jam-filled centers.
- Laura Murphy from Columbus, MS created this recipe for a Celebrate the Season Holiday Cookie Contest.
- "This recipe is an updated version of a thumbprint cookie recipe that has played a big role in initiating the holiday season for my family for as long as I can remember. We are always sad to see them go with the Christmas season, though they are well worth the wait each year." Laura Murphy
- A food processor works great for finely chopping the pistachio nuts.
- You can substitute strawberry jam or your favorite flavor for the raspberry.
You May Also Like
Double-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Betty Crocker™'s Heart Healthy Cookbook shares a recipe! You can afford your daily...
Fluffy Strawberry Pie
Fresh strawberries, a touch of lime, real whipped cream and a pastry crust. What’s not to...
Classic Red Velvet Cake
Make this classic cake from scratch! Although the exact origins of red velvet cake...