15 min Prep
30 min Total
Three ingredients and 30 minutes are all you need to have piping hot homemade biscuits.
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray. Place flour in large bowl. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir with fork until soft dough forms and mixture begins to pull away from sides of bowl.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough just until smooth. Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter. Place biscuits with sides touching on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
- For Buttermilk Biscuits, use 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk for the milk and add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. Buttermilk biscuits have a slightly softer texture and a tangier flavor then regular biscuits made with milk.
You May Also Like
Pumpkin Drop Cookies
Fill your cookie jar with these spicy pumpkin drop cookies that are both tasty and...
Salted Butterscotch Pudding Pretzel Cookies
This incredible sweet-and-salty cookie from our kitchens combines butterscotch pudding,...
Lattice Peach-Apple Pie
What a great combination! Get the best of two fruits, tart apples and sweet peaches,...