15 min Prep
30 min Total
Three ingredients and 30 minutes are all you need to have piping hot homemade biscuits.
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray. Place flour in large bowl. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir with fork until soft dough forms and mixture begins to pull away from sides of bowl.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough just until smooth. Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter. Place biscuits with sides touching on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
- For Buttermilk Biscuits, use 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk for the milk and add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. Buttermilk biscuits have a slightly softer texture and a tangier flavor then regular biscuits made with milk.
You May Also Like
Enjoy the refreshing taste of the classic Cuban mojito in these delicious dessert bars -...
Dutch Baby Pancake with Berry Topping
Pancakes for four without griddle gridlock? Impress family and friends with a puffy oven...