SKINNY FRESH APPLE CAKE
20 min Prep
2 hr 5 min Total
31% fewer calories • 52% less fat • 50% more fiber than the original recipe. Leaving on the apple peel doubles the fiber!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely chopped unpeeled apples (3 medium)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat sugars, buttermilk, oil, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 20 to 30 seconds or until blended. Add all remaining ingredients except apples and walnuts; beat on low speed about 1 minute or until blended. Stir in apples and walnuts. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on cooling rack 1 hour.
- We've replaced ingredients with great-tasting alternatives to create better-for-you recipes that are just as yummy as the originals.
You May Also Like
Snickerdoodles (lighter recipe)
Make a lighter snickerdoodle so you can enjoy more of the rich cinnamon-sugar taste you...
Sausage and Wild Mushroom Skillet Pizza (Cooking for 2)
Homemade pizza is hard to beat, and this deep-dish sausage-and-mushroom version, dressed...
Chocolate Cookie Pizza
Love pizza as much as dessert? Combine the two, and enjoy a cookie pizza topped with...