SKINNY HOMEMADE PIZZA
15 min Prep
45 min Total
42% fewer calories • 55% less fat • 60% more vitamin A than the original recipe. Skip the pizzerias with a pie that reduced the fat and sodium by nearly half.
- 1 1/3 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (6 oz)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup yellow or green bell pepper strips
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk and oil until soft dough forms. (If dough is dry, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons additional milk.) On lightly floured surface, knead dough 10 times. Shape dough into ball. Cover with bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
- Place dough on ungreased cookie sheet; flatten slightly. Roll out to 12-inch round. Bake 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over crust; top with remaining topping ingredients. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is light golden brown and cheese begins to brown. Cut into wedges to serve.
- Eat Better America Test Kitchens replaced ingredients with great-tasting alternatives to create better-for-you recipes that are just as yummy as the originals.