SKINNY ZUCCHINI BREAD
25 min Prep
2 hr 35 min Total
50% less fat • 21% fewer calories • 2g more fiber than the original recipe. Have a bumper crop of zucchini? Lighten up a classic.
- 2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup fat-free egg product or 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottoms only of 2 (8x4-inch) loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix zucchini, applesauce, oil, egg product, vanilla and sugar until well blended. Stir in all remaining ingredients except walnuts until well blended. Stir in walnuts. Spoon batter evenly into pans.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- High Altitude: Bake 65 to 75 minutes.
- We've replaced ingredients with great-tasting alternatives to create better-for-you recipes that are just as yummy as the originals.
You May Also Like
Southern Sweet Potato Bread
You can whip up a sweet-and-spicy quick bread and have it in the oven in minutes.
Raspberry-Laced Vanilla Cake
Multiple layers of raspberry and raspberry buttercream make this cake a showstopper. For...
Raspberry Poinsettia Blossoms
Bring festive color to your dessert table with beautiful cookies the resemble poinsettia...