SLOW-COOKER BEEF ROAST WITH ONIONS AND POTATOES
15 min Prep
9 hr 30 min Total
Onion and potatoes add Old-World flavor to a family favorite beef roast.
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in half, then cut into thin slices
- 3-lb boneless beef bottom round roast
- 3 baking potatoes, cut into 1 1/2- to 2-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups Progresso™ beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 package (1 oz) onion soup mix (from 2-oz box)
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, place onion. If beef roast comes in netting or is tied, remove netting or strings. Place beef on onion. Place potatoes and garlic around beef. In small bowl, mix 1 1/4 cups of the broth and the dry soup mix; pour over beef. (Refrigerate remaining broth.)
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 9 to 10 hours.
- Remove beef and vegetables from cooker; place on serving platter. Cover to keep warm.
- In small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 cup broth and the flour; gradually stir into juices in cooker. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened. Serve sauce over beef and vegetables.
- Warm frozen dinner rolls while the juices are thickening in the slow cooker. Cook frozen broccoli in the microwave, and the meal is ready in minutes.
- To save pecious time in the morning, cut the onion and chop the garlic the night before and refrigerate.
You May Also Like
Quickly combine all ingredients in one bowl and pour into a pan. In 20 minutes, you'll be...
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies get holidazzled with white chips, cranberries and almond flavoring.