40 min Prep
1 hr 35 min Total
All the great cinnamon flavors of snickerdoodle cookies are captured in these wonderful homespun cupcakes.
- 2 3/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and the salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat shortening with electric mixer on medium speed 30 seconds. Gradually add 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar, about 1/3 cup at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping bowl occasionally. Beat 2 minutes longer. Add egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. On low speed, alternately add flour mixture, about one-third at a time, and 1 1/4 cups milk, about half at a time, beating just until blended.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each with about 3 tablespoons batter or until about two-thirds full.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans; place on cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and the butter with electric mixer on low speed. Beat in 1 tablespoon vanilla and 2 tablespoons milk. Gradually beat in enough remaining milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make frosting smooth and spreadable. Frost cooled cupcakes. In small bowl, mix garnish ingredients; sprinkle over frosted cupcakes.
You May Also Like
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies get holidazzled with white chips, cranberries and almond flavoring.
Love banana bread? Get the same great flavor wtih sweet muffins that bake a whole lot...
Decadent Pecan Pie
Make this traditional holiday pie anytime with this easy recipe. It’s sweet, crunchy...