SOFT MOLASSES COOKIES
40 min Prep
60 min Total
Mmm! Bite into classic soft, melt-in-your-mouth molasses cookies for a yummy bit of nostalgia.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 325°F. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, shortening, molasses and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar.
- Shape dough by rounded tablespoonfuls into 1 1/2-inch balls. Dip tops into granulated sugar. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls, sugared sides up, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes or just until set and cookies appear dry. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- Purchase shortening formed in oblong packages marked for easy cutting and measuring. It eliminates messy measuring in cups.
- Spray the inside of the measuring cup with cooking spray so molasses will slide out of the cup easily.
You May Also Like
Classic Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Savor a classic! A brown sugar, nut and spice filling is layered and baked in a rich...
Pumpkin Drop Cookies
Fill your cookie jar with these spicy pumpkin drop cookies that are both tasty and...
Foolproof Turkey Gravy
Add this recipe to your collection, and you won’t need to worry when it’s your turn to...