SOUR CREAM-CRANBERRY BARS
15 min Prep
1 hr 57 min Total
You’ll find yourself reaching for just one more of these golden, rich, cranberry-filled bars. Go ahead, you deserve it!
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350°F. Mix butter and brown sugar in large bowl with spoon. Stir in oats, 1 1/2 cups flour and the baking soda until crumbly. Press half of the mixture in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl. Pour over baked crust. Crumble remaining oat mixture over filling.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is set. Cool completely, about 1 hour. For 32 bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
- If you line the pan with aluminum foil, you can lift out the bars for easy cutting and cleanup.
- Cranberries are also called bounceberries because they bounce when they're ripe!
You May Also Like
Chocolate Drop Cookies
Get a double hit of chocolate with rich and chocolaty cookies topped with deep chocolate...
Raspberry Pistachio Thumbprints
Here's a must-have holiday cookie that's a great addition to any dessert buffet.
Beef Rib Roast with Yorkshire Pudding
Here’s a show-stopping dinner you can serve at your next holiday. This beef roast only...