STREUSEL BERRY MUFFINS
15 min Prep
45 min Total
Raspberries and blackberries burst with tart flavor in sweet and easy streusel-topped muffins.
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons firm butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 3/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or spray, or line with paper baking cups.
- In small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and the nuts. Cut in 2 tablespoons firm butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat egg with fork. Stir in milk and 1/2 cup melted butter. Stir in remaining muffin ingredients except berries just until flour is moistened. Fold in berries. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Serve warm or cool.
- To toast nuts, bake uncovered in ungreased shallow pan in 350°F oven about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- For easy baking and easy cleanup, use paper baking cups.
You May Also Like
Chocolate Chip M&Ms™ Christmas Cookies
Make festive chocolate chip cookies for the holidays by adding popular red and green...