10 min Prep
1 hr 15 min Total
A sweet cousin to toffee candy, Toffee Bars will always be rich and wonderful.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, vanilla and egg yolk. Stir in flour and salt. Press in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Bake bars 25 to 30 minutes or until very light brown (crust will be soft). Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips on hot crust. Let stand about 5 minutes or until chocolate is soft; spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cool bars 30 minutes in pan on wire rack. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
- For easiest cutting, cut the bars while they're still warm.
- Three bars (1.55 ounces each) milk chocolate, broken into small pieces, can be substituted for the milk chocolate chips.
You May Also Like
Peanut Butter-Raisin Bran Cookies
Stir in a little whole-grain goodness when you add raisin-bran cereal to homemade cookies.
Blueberry Oatmeal Bread
Sugar and spice and everything nice! Bake a sweet loaf with blueberries and oats too.
Soft Molasses Cookies
Mmm! Bite into classic soft, melt-in-your-mouth molasses cookies for a yummy bit of...