10 min Prep
1 hr 15 min Total
A sweet cousin to toffee candy, Toffee Bars will always be rich and wonderful.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, vanilla and egg yolk. Stir in flour and salt. Press in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Bake bars 25 to 30 minutes or until very light brown (crust will be soft). Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips on hot crust. Let stand about 5 minutes or until chocolate is soft; spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cool bars 30 minutes in pan on wire rack. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
- For easiest cutting, cut the bars while they're still warm.
- Three bars (1.55 ounces each) milk chocolate, broken into small pieces, can be substituted for the milk chocolate chips.
You May Also Like
Ultimate Mac and Cheese
Searching for the cheesiest mac 'n' cheese? Try our rich and creamy take with 4 real...