20 min Prep
1 hr 10 min Total
Warm mixed berries topped with crispy oats makes a delicious fruit dessert!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 pint (2 cups) fresh blueberries*
- 1 pint (2 cups) fresh raspberries*
- 1 cup fresh blackberries*
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- Whipping (heavy) cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°. Grease bottom and sides of square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches, with shortening. Mix granulated sugar and cornstarch in 3-quart saucepan. Add berries and lemon juice; toss until evenly coated. Heat to boiling over medium-low heat. Boil 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened. Spoon berry mixture into baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture looks like coarse crumbs; sprinkle over berries.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool at least 20 minutes. Serve warm with whipping cream.
- 5 cups of either blueberries, raspberries or blackberries can be used for the mixed berries.
You May Also Like
No need for a deep fryer with this chicken recipe! A couple of pantry staples are all it...
Chocolate Easter Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
Irresistibly delicious and cute chocolate Easter cupcakes to wow your guests!
Lemon Lavender Poppy Seed Scones
Recipe by Maegan Brown from The BakerMama Bright lemon, light lavender and crunchy poppy...