30 min Prep
1 hr 35 min Total
Chocolate is tasty, but even chocoholics will agree that these vanilla brownies are irresistible!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 bag (10 oz) white vanilla baking chips (1 2/3 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 2 tablespoons warm water or milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 13x9-inch pan. In 2-quart saucepan, heat butter and baking chips over low heat, stirring frequently, just until melted. (Mixture may appear curdled.) Remove from heat; cool.
- Stir in remaining brownie ingredients until well blended. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In medium bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth and spreadable. Spread glaze over brownies. For brownies, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
- Not to be confused with white candy coating (or almond bark), white vanilla baking chips and white chocolate baking bars have rich vanilla and dairy flavors, and are less sweet than almond bark.
- White vanilla baking chips burn easily, so it's important to melt them over low heat while stirring frequently.
You May Also Like
Chocolate-Filled Russian Tea Cakes
Chocolate stars are the sweet surprise inside tender, bite-sized cookies coated with...
Crispy Buttermilk Oven-Fried Chicken (Makeover)
From Betty's Soul Food Collection... The secret’s revealed! You can have oven-fried...
Brown Sugar-Oatmeal Cookies
Old-fashioned oats and whole-wheat flour add texture and healthy fiber to these chewy...