VANILLA BEAN CUPCAKES
30 min Prep
1 hr 20 min Total
Treat your guests with these tasty vanilla bean cupcakes - a perfect baked dessert.
- 2 vanilla beans, each cut in half lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Reserved 1/4 cup milk-vanilla seed mixture
- Scrape vanilla bean seeds into microwavable bowl; add beans to bowl, cover beans with 3/4 cup milk. Microwave on High 1 minute or until mixture boils. Let stand 15 minutes. Remove beans. Add remaining milk to warm milk mixture, stir well. Reserve 1/4 cup milk mixture.
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. In large bowl, beat 3/4 cup butter with electric mixer on medium speed 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, beating after each addition. Beat 2 minutes longer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat 2 minutes longer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. On low speed, alternately add flour mixture and milk mixture, beating just until blended. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove to cooling racks. Cool completely. in large bowl beat frosting ingredients on low speed until blended, adding 1 tablespoon reserved milk mixture at time. Frost cupcakes.
- To remove seeds from a vanilla bean, cut the bean in half lengthwise. Run the blade of a knife across the inside of the bean, gathering seeds on the edge of the knife.
- Place frosting in large resealable freezer bag. Cut off one bottom corner to create about a 1-inch opening. Pipe frosting in a circular motion over cupcakes for an extra-special finish.
- This vanilla-bean frosting would be wonderful on chocolate cake as well.
- Serve these cupcakes with a cup of coffee or a latte.
You May Also Like
Wonderful Italian breadsticks made with Gold Medal® flour are perfect to accompaniment...
Chocolate Chip-Oatmeal Shortbread Cookies
Just seven ingredients mix and bake up for a melt-in-your-mouth cookie jar favorite.
Invite family to the dinner table with the spicy aroma and delicious flavor of sweet...