WHOLE WHEAT-BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
15 min Prep
35 min Total
Whole wheat flour, a touch of honey and frozen organic blueberries star in classic blueberry muffins.
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Cascadian Farm® frozen organic blueberries (from 8-oz bag), do not thaw
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray, or place paper baking cup in each muffin cup. In small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat milk, oil, honey and egg with spoon. Stir in flours, baking powder and salt just until flours are moistened (batter will be lumpy). Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be full). Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan.
- If you like, use apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon in the brown sugar topper.
You May Also Like
Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Monster Cookies
Maegan Brown from The BakerMama Big, chewy monster cookies full of peanut butter,...
Sour Cream-Cranberry Bars
You’ll find yourself reaching for just one more of these golden, rich, cranberry-filled...