BAKED MOUTH-WATERING BARBECUED CHICKEN
15 min Prep
1 hr 10 min Total
The name says it all. The sweet-and-tangy sauce coating these tender chicken pieces will make your mouth water!
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cut-up whole chicken (3 to 3 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup ketchup or 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Mix flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with flour mixture.
- Melt butter in 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish in oven. Place chicken, skin sides down, in dish. Bake 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat all barbecue sauce ingredients to boiling, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- Drain and turn chicken; reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Spoon hot barbecue sauce over chicken. Bake 15 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest piece is cut to bone (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs and drumsticks).
- Use 1 cup bottled chili sauce instead of the ketchup for even more tang!
- No time to make the barbecue sauce? Why not use 1 1/2 cups of your favorite purchased sauce instead?
You May Also Like
Yellow Butter Cake with Chocolate Buttercream
A simple and delicious scratch recipe for an all-time classic cake and frosting combo.
Creamy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
When dinner is easy to make, easy to clean up and crazy good, too, we consider it a...
Classic Red Velvet Cake
Make this classic cake from scratch! Although the exact origins of red velvet cake...