BUTTER PECAN CHEWS
20 min Prep
2 hr 35 min Total
Love pecan pie? Get the same great flavor in an easy bar cookie.
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 13x9-inch pan with butter.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar and butter. Press mixture in bottom of pan. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat egg yolks, brown sugar, vanilla and salt with electric mixer. Stir in pecans and coconut. In small bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer until foamy. Fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Remove partially baked crust from oven. Spread filling evenly over crust. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown and center is set. Sprinkle powdered sugar over bars. Cool on cooling rack. Cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- Lisa Chambers from Fort Ashby, WV created this recipe for a Celebrate the Season Holiday Cookie Contest.
- "A decadent bar cookie, indicative of little pecan pies, these are truly rich and luscious. This recipe has been a family favorite for years and friends have requested an entire pan, just for themselves, as they are that good." Lisa Chambers
You May Also Like
Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cookies
These peanut butter cookies are special for the holidays or anytime. Their secret is the...
Gooey S'mores Bars
Enjoy these beautiful marshmallow bars layered with milk chocolate - perfect dessert to...