BUTTER PECAN CHEWS
20 min Prep
2 hr 35 min Total
Love pecan pie? Get the same great flavor in an easy bar cookie.
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 13x9-inch pan with butter.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar and butter. Press mixture in bottom of pan. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat egg yolks, brown sugar, vanilla and salt with electric mixer. Stir in pecans and coconut. In small bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer until foamy. Fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Remove partially baked crust from oven. Spread filling evenly over crust. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown and center is set. Sprinkle powdered sugar over bars. Cool on cooling rack. Cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
You May Also Like
French Cinnamon Muffins
Melt-in-your-mouth sugar and cinnamon muffins get dipped in more cinnamon and sugar—yum!
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
Treat the chocolate lovers of your family with this delicious cupcake - a perfect baked...
Hearty Beef Stroganoff
Just as creamy as the classic, this delicious dish serves eight and is done in 35 minutes.