40 min Prep
40 min Total
In just one holiday cheery blink, these cookies can disappear. Double the recipe for the hungry holidays.
- 1 3/4 cups Wheaties™ cereal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- About 36 candied or maraschino cherries
- Heat oven to 375°F. Crush cereal; set aside. In large bowl, mix sugar, shortening, milk, vanilla and egg. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into crushed cereal; roll gently until completely coated. Place cookies about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Press cherry into each cookie.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or just until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cookie dough can be covered and refrigerated up to 24 hours before baking. If it's too firm, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
You May Also Like
This classic pancake recipe has appeared in every Betty Crocker cookbook since 1950....
Chocolate Chip M&Ms™ Christmas Cookies
Make festive chocolate chip cookies for the holidays by adding popular red and green...