CLASSIC SINGLE PIE CRUST
15 min Prep
15 min Total
This classic one-crust pie pastry can serve as your go-to recipe.
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold shortening
- 2 to 4 tablespoons ice cold water
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In medium bowl, mix flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender, until particles are size of small peas. Sprinkle flour mixture with 2 tablespoons cold water, tossing gently with pastry blender to moisten flour mixture. Add additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until flour mixture forms moist clumps.
- Gather flour mixture into a ball (some flour will be left in bowl). Gently shape into a flatten round. On surface sprinkled lightly with flour, use floured rolling pin to roll pastry into circle 1 inch larger than upside-down 9-inch pie plate. Fold pastry into fourths; place in pie plate. Unfold and ease into plate. Trim overhanging edge of pastry 1 inch from rim of pie plate. Fold pastry under even with plate edges; flute as desired.
- Bake as directed in pie recipe.
You May Also Like
Cashew Butter Blondies
These blondie bars combine cashew butter, dark chocolate and roasted cashews for a...
Chocolate Peanut Butterscotch Bars
The BakerMama bakes some super chewy bars with a rich butterscotch flavor, a hint of...
Apple Crostata with Caramel Sauce
Artisan-style apple pie comes quick with a flavor bonus--caramel topping!