CLASSIC SINGLE PIE CRUST
15 min Prep
15 min Total
This classic one-crust pie pastry can serve as your go-to recipe.
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold shortening
- 2 to 4 tablespoons ice cold water
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In medium bowl, mix flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender, until particles are size of small peas. Sprinkle flour mixture with 2 tablespoons cold water, tossing gently with pastry blender to moisten flour mixture. Add additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until flour mixture forms moist clumps.
- Gather flour mixture into a ball (some flour will be left in bowl). Gently shape into a flatten round. On surface sprinkled lightly with flour, use floured rolling pin to roll pastry into circle 1 inch larger than upside-down 9-inch pie plate. Fold pastry into fourths; place in pie plate. Unfold and ease into plate. Trim overhanging edge of pastry 1 inch from rim of pie plate. Fold pastry under even with plate edges; flute as desired.
- Bake as directed in pie recipe.
You May Also Like
Skinny Carrot Cake
53% fewer calories • 77% less sat fat • 73% less fat than the original recipe. Wonderful...