GINGERBREAD CUTOUTS (COOKIE EXCHANGE QUANTITY)
2 hr 15 min Prep
4 hr 45 min Total
“Can we eat them yet?” is the first question you’ll hear every time you bake these spicy gingerbread cookies.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups dark molasses
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 7 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- About 5 tablespoons half-and-half
Easy Creamy Frosting
- In large bowl, stir together brown sugar, shortening, molasses and water. Stir in remaining cookie ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet. On floured surface, roll dough 1/8 inch thick. Cut with floured gingerbread cutter or other favorite shaped cutter. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until no indentation remains when touched (for a softer, chewier cookie, bake 8 to 10 minutes). Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, stir together all frosting ingredients until smooth and spreadable. Decorate cookies with frosting.
- Using a tub of Betty Crocker® ready-to-spread frosting instead of making the frosting can save you a few precious moments during the busy holiday season.
- Store unbaked cookie dough tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
You May Also Like
Try this classic cake recipe, and you’ll make it a permanent addition to your collection!
Gingerbread Cutouts (Cookie Exchange Quantity)
“Can we eat them yet?” is the first question you’ll hear every time you bake these spicy...