MEXICAN WEDDING CAKES (COOKIE EXCHANGE QUANTITY)
1 hr 40 min Prep
2 hr 10 min Total
Celebrate with rich and buttery melt-in-your-mouth cookies. You’ll find that one just isn’t enough!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, mix 1 cup powdered sugar, the butter and vanilla. Stir in flour, nuts and salt until dough holds together.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown. Roll in additional powdered sugar while warm. Cool completely on wire rack, about 30 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar again.
- Mexican Surprise Wedding Cakes: Make cookies as directed--except shape each ball of dough around 1 Hershey®’s Kisses® milk chocolate filled with caramel.
- You can freeze these cookies up to three months. You may want to reroll them in a little extra powdered sugar.
You May Also Like
Pumpkin Cookies with Browned Butter Frosting
Pumpkin and spice star in a melt-in-your-mouth cookie topped with a special homemade...
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Enjoy this wonderful homemade pumpkin and chocolate bread made with Gold Medal®...
Chai-Spiced Pumpkin Pound Cake
The warming flavors of chai fill this tender pumpkin pound cake making it one of the most...