NAKED CONFETTI CAKE
20 min Prep
50 min Total
Recipe by Maegan Brown from The BakerMama Buttery moist vanilla cake bursting with rainbow sprinkles is layered with a creamy vanilla buttercream frosting and topped with even more sprinkles. It’s party perfect!
- 3 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles, for garnishing the top of the cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of three 8-inch round cake pans with a piece of parchment paper cut to fit. Lightly grease and flour both cake pans and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until each one is well combined. Mix in the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk, ending with the flour mixture, until well combined and batter is smooth. Fold in 1 cup rainbow sprinkles with a spatula.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared cake pans. Bake cakes for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean. Let cakes cool in pans for 15 minutes before running a sharp knife around the edges turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and cream cheese together in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Add the salt and vanilla. Beat in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until well combined. Add 1 tablespoon milk and beat on medium-high speed until frosting is fluffy and of spreading consistency. Add additional milk if the frosting is too thick or additional powdered sugar if the frosting is too thin to spread.
- Once cakes are cooled, use a sharp knife to trim around the edges so the inside of the cake is slightly exposed.
- Spread a small amount of frosting on the bottom of a cake stand or cake plate. Place one cake layer, top side down, on the cake stand. Spread a third of the frosting over the first cake layer, spreading it all the way to the edges. Repeat with remaining cakes and frosting. Cover the top layer of frosting with 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles, gently pressing them into the frosting.
- Serve, eat and enjoy!
- Store on a cake stand with a lid over it or tightly wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
You May Also Like
Festive Coconut Macaroons
Celebrate the festive season with these tropical delights! Enjoy coconut cookies topped...
A recipe with soul, this cobbler won the grand prize in the “Betty Crocker Recipes from...
Divine Yogurt Cheesecake
The honey vanilla yogurt adds to the creamy texture of this irresistible cheesecake.