20 min Prep
1 hr 45 min Total
Looking for a homemade dessert using Gold Medal® flour? Then check out these cinnamon filled classic snickerdoodle bars.
- 2 1/3 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray or grease bottom only of a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on high speed until creamy. Beat in sugars. Gradually beat in eggs and vanilla into sugar mixture until combined. On low speed, beat in dry ingredients until combined.
- Spoon half the batter into pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over batter.
- Dollop teaspoon size amounts of remaining batter evenly over cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, stir glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over bars. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- Some bars are especially suitable for picnics and packing for traveling and this is one of them. Bars with soft frostings should be avoided because the frosting may melt. Cut into bars, and pack between sheets of waxed paper in sealed plastic food containers. For optimum packing, wrap each individual brownie or bar cookie in plastic wrap.
- The inspiration for these bars comes from the classic snickerdoodle cookie, a favorite butter cookie coated in cinnamon and sugar.
- If desired, sprinkle 1/3 cup cinnamon chips or chopped toasted pecans over cinnamon-sugar filling in center of bars.
You May Also Like
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nothing is more delicious than a warm, chewy chocolate chip cookie. Using whole wheat...
Peanut Butter Cookies
Packed with great peanut butter taste, these Betty's Best peanut butter cookies are sure...
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies get holidazzled with white chips, cranberries and almond flavoring.