WALNUT APPLE-PEACH CRISP WITH CINNAMON-BROWN SUGAR CRUMBLE
15 min Prep
60 min Total
Fall Baking Recipe Magazine Contest 2010 Winner Cinnamon, apples and peaches – oh my! The epitome of a fabulous fall dessert, this recipe goes together in just three easy steps.
- 3 cups sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches (about 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, toss apples, peaches and granulated sugar. Pour into baking dish. In same bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture is crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake 30 minutes or until topping is golden and fruit is tender. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm.
- If fresh peaches aren’t available, you can substitute frozen (thawed) sliced peaches.
- Old-fashioned and quick-cooking oats can be used interchangeably in most recipes, but you will notice a difference in texture.
- This crisp is even more delicious when served with vanilla ice cream!
You May Also Like
Fresh Peach and Blueberry Tart
Sweet peaches and blueberries top a flaky layer tart of homemade puff pastry.
Cranberry Crumb Bars
Celebrate the season with cranberry bars! They're super easy to make and can be cut into...
If you grew up with family fish fries, you know just how tasty fried fish and all the...