10 min Prep
30 min Total
Just like Grandma used to make! Savory mounds of dough to top bubbling stew.
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes, if desired
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Mix flour, parsley, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in milk.
- Drop dough by 10 spoonfuls onto hot meat or vegetables in boiling stew (do not drop directly into liquid). Cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Make herb dumplings. Substitute 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried herbs (such as basil, sage or thyme leaves or celery seed) for the parsley.
- Use self-rising flour and omit the baking powder and salt.
You May Also Like
Do you have some time to spare? Surprise your family by baking a batch of these homemade...
Best No-Roll Sugar Cookies
No roll about it, these cookies are packed with flavor and easy to make. Bake a batch...
Classic Sugar Cookies
Some things just don't change. Delicate sugar cookies have been favorites for...