PANFRIED FISH FILLETS
15 min Prep
25 min Total
Frying is one of the easiest and most popular ways to cook fish.
- 1 1/2 pounds mild-flavor fish fillets, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour, cornmeal or grated Parmesan cheese
- Vegetable oil or shortening
- Cut fish fillets into 6 serving pieces. Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper.
- Beat egg and water in shallow bowl until well mixed. Sprinkle flour on waxed paper or a plate. Dip both sides of fish pieces into egg, then coat completely with flour.
- Heat oil (1/8 inch) in 10-inch skillet over medium heat about 2 minutes. Fry fish in oil 6 to 10 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork and is brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Mild-flavored fish varieties include cod, perch and catfish.
- Turn up the flavor of fried fish by shaking regular salt for 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt.
You May Also Like
Looking for a distinctive German dessert? Then check out these delicious cookies made...
Rhubarb Meringue Dessert
A press-in-the-pan crust makes an easier-than-pie dessert that tastes just as heavenly!
Use this recipe for Royal Icing to frost your favorite cutout sugar cookies. The icing...